Forklifts today are a major cause of workplace injuries. To eliminate or reduce the risks fr0m operating powered forklifts in the workplace consider the below:
- Operators should do a routine check of equipment before driving them. Checks should be made for any faults on brakes, steering, controls, tyres and warning devices.
- Make sure that all operating forklifts are fitted with good foot placements, anti-slip surfaces and grab handles
- Ensure driver operators maintain clear vision of surroundings when getting on and off forklifts
- Make sure the seat and cabin is securely fitted
- Whilst operating a forklift pay full attention to your surrounding environment and follow any work site rules and guidelines that are set in place
- Operate always at a safe speed; never exceed the speed limit